- DATE / TIME:
- 2019/11/14 08:30 - 2019/11/15 17:30
- Madrid, Spain
Organiser: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations; Government of Spain
Prof. Edeltraud Guenther, Director, UNU-FLORES
The Symposium aims to address the following:
- What are the existing constraints and challenges to accelerate the adoption of non-conventional water resources use in agriculture?
- What can be done to remove barriers to adopt non-conventional water use in agriculture (identification of mismatches in policies, health/environmental/energy standards and regulations)?
- How can nutrients and energy be recovered using a circular economy approach?
- What is the role of innovation and technology for economic and environmental sustainability?
The Forum is organised around the following four main themes with a strong focus on desalination and water reuse: Non-conventional Water and Food Security; Technology and Innovation; Policies and Regulations; and Investments.
UNU-FLORES Director Prof. Edeltraud Guenther will speak in the section ‘Policies and Regulations’, where she will present on ‘Creating an Enabling Environment’.